1. These phones are an obvious compromise on features and processing power. You will be buying a mid-range phone, but that is not at all hard to learn to live with.
2. Most of these phones offer you a smaller screen size as well as compromise on display quality. Some of them even come with the older IR touch screens.
3. You will be getting a 600 MHz range processor. This, however, is more than adequate for most phone computing needs.
4. Cameras in the sub $100 Android phones segment are way behind what you will get on other camera phones. The other thing that you will need to keep in mind is that while they may boast of high megapixel number, the sensor might not be up to the job of creating quality photographs worthy of 3-5 megapixels.
5. Contracts are built into most of these phones, so be careful to read the fine print and evaluate the longer term cost of ownership. Want to root or jailbreak? Another post altogether!! For more details head over to the detailed post at Cellphone Beat.
Click here to read my full post on Cellphone Beat>>